2007年11月7日 星期三

Nov 6, 2007 - CH4 7B:2 Paragraph Writing practice

When I was a junior in the college, I began to search information about getting a job. Surprisingly, I found that English capacity really influence a lot on candidate competition. Actually there is no big deal for Asian students' English skill in listening, reading, and writing. What really matters, and the most important as well, is the skill in English speaking. Therefore, I joined Toastnasters in NTU and founded a new one in NCCU. What I thought was trying to create more "English Speaking" environment for our college students. During our regular meetings, we held several sessions in variety, like joke session, table topic session, prepared speaking session, and evaluation session. The goal is to encourage club members to SPEAK UP. As a leader of the club, I have to play the role like a pioneer who is brave and enjoy speaking English naturally even sometimes made grammar mistakes. It's really fun and meaningful for all of us and improve our communication skills in English quite a lot. Although the learning stuff of my third year in college is the toughest, I not only managed my time much better but more concentrated on my academic learning because I treated Toastmaster learning as a kind of ENJOY, so it kept my life balance and went well. Even I continue my study career in US now, I still gain a lot of benefit of the Speak Up Courage learned in Toastmasters club.

沒有留言: